Thursday, March 13, 2008

lotus. flower.

This is one of those "I really should be asleep, but this must be blogged" posts.

Wendy's here (yay!). I decided to take mom's call... because she's trained me too out of aversion to either the "where could you be?" message (which, incidentally, I got on Saturday night) or the "you're already asleep?" message. Neither of which I feel like I should have to justify.

Wendy: They call late.

Sure, 9:30pm isn't 3am, but given what time I usually get up, why not call at, say, 7:30pm? I've actually been up since 4am and had the usual long day/long week.

Mom: Do you have your air itinerary?
A.: It's online.
Mom: Could you look up mine.
A.: We've been over this, no.
Mom: Why not?
A.: Because I don't have your login information for the airline.
Mom: Can you check mine when you check yours?
A.: No.
Mom: Why not?
A.: Because I can't. Because I can't access your account.
Mom: Well, how do I access it?
A.: Do you have your frequent flier number and other info?
Mom: I must, I've accessed it before.
A.: I think you accessed it by phone before.
Mom: Could you just look for me?
A.: No.
Mom: I wonder why I can't access it. Can you help me?
A.: Can we do this tomorrow?
Mom: ...Okay.
[I mean, if it were so urgent, why didn't she call earlier?]
Mom: By the way, your candidate...
A.: Mom. No. I'm tired, we're not having this discussion right now.
Mom: Why are you tired?

WTF.

A.: Because I'm tired. Goodnight.
Mom: Goodnight. You don't take after your father or me.

No comments: