Saturday, September 15, 2007

Multiple Choice

The LePresse in hand, my mom:

a) Thanked me for providing her with a press;
b) Told me to make sure to thank the friend who had brought it up from DC;
c) Criticized me for adding to her clutter;

Mom: I love that A.J. Wright by the Russian food store... they really have great prices.
A.: What do you buy there?
Mom: All sorts of appliances.
A.: Do you need a lot of appliances?
Mom: I detect criticism in your voice.
A.: I don't mean any. I'm asking. What appliances do you need?
Mom: Well, you've just given me another one, to add to the clutter.
A.: You asked me for it.
Mom: No, you offered it to me.

***

A.: Hello?
Mom: Are you busy?
A.: No...
Mom: So, here's the deal with Verizon...


How long has this been going on? Which month's blog was it that mom first started going on about Verizon?

It's not the time; I like to do things for my parents. It's just that with these complaint letters, if it's not one thing it's another, and half the time I'm not sure that the complaint is valid.

Note, however, that she asked whether I was busy. This is a first.

No comments: