Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday morning ramble

First-world problem alert: these snow days hit at very inconvenient times. I was very upset to learn this morning that I wouldn't be able to go to work. I'm over it now--I do sort of need another day to recover from the weekend--but there's just so much to do there. It's that much more infuriating when I don't see snow on the ground, even though I know how fast a lot of it can fall.

My consolation--apart from just needing to rest after a few days of activity--is that I'm reading a great book that's also easy to read. "Snow" (Orhan Pamuk) was a great book, but it was slow-going. It's not what I would have wanted to read, ironically or not, on this snow day. "Americanah" goes down a lot more smoothly.

This matters so much more now that I have a hard time reading, unless I'm on the metro (or on a plane, or otherwise planted in one spot). It's not so much that I have a hard time reading per se as... I have a hard time sitting for long periods of time. My mind can focus, but my body feels like moving.

With that, I'd better go do something productive with myself. Maybe I'll make corn tortillas from masa... haven't done that in ages.

No comments: