Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday evening roundup

There's no denying or skewing the fact that cows are terrible for the environment. Also: eating beef kills wolves. (Then, there's the whole antibiotics thing).

Here are some reasons for plant-based baking even if you don't give a $hit about animals or the planet.

For better or for worse (I'll go with the former), I fail at many of these marks of a food aficionado.

I keep telling you guys to get over the kale hype; don't over do it, or anything else. Also, some things are really bad for you even "in moderation," and added sugar is one of those things.

ICYMI, the Kellers have stepped in it.

It's true enough that just as introverts aren't necessarily awkward, extroverts aren't necessarily obnoxious. But boy have I dealt with some obnoxious, narcissistic extroverts.

Can I invite this beautiful goby fish to keep my lawn in check? I won't be inviting thispeacock spider anywhere near my home, even though it's beautiful, too. (Also spidery and beautiful: the Tarantula Nebula).

Female monkeys flirt by throwing stones.

I don't recommend crushing egg shells to keep the demons out.

Awesomest silly study ever (h/t @gnumoon).

Awww, some confused dudes still think that feminism is about bitter ugly women. I mean, there are some crazy bitter, in-fighting women out there, but let's not call them feminists. Seriously, though: what is it about strong women that turn some people into raging dickweasels? Vocal women really intimidate the $hit out of some people.

"'Splain" is its own suffix now.

Chewbacca speaks (and posts).

No comments: