Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday afternoon roundup

It's very long, and too much of it is mundane, but more of it is worthwhile and interesting, even though very little is earth-shattering. It is David Remnick's profile of the President. Foreign policy starts around pg. 10; race and income inequality, a little before that. Hell, start from the beginning and just gloss over the comings-and-goings.

The Ukranian government stalks and intimidates protesters by cell phone.

This is not the first time I've found this guy incredibly annoying (I've also caught factual errors at the basis of some of his arguments, but whatever). All I have to say here--other than enjoying the references to Alan Lightman's book just as I did this morning--is, just like only a dude could have come up with and believed in an idiotic concept like penis envy, only (some) physical scientists are self-important and sanctimonious enough to go on about physics envy.

I've never loved Jon Stewart more:

No comments: