Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wednesday evening roundup

Too late now, but, on Egypt.

I know I recently posted something on how conspiratorial the whole Middle East is--and I almost always dismiss conspiracy theories myself--but I'm willing to pin this debacle on the meat industry as well. Which is not to say that I don't roll my eyes at ex-vegans who write about how eating meat again was the best thing they ever did for themselves, because they also decided to only eat brown rice, so "veganism" was the problem.

Wheat and soy, among other things, are actually good for you. I had dinner the other day with a friend who went off gluten--and she was right to, she did have an intolerance--but gained weight, because she wasn't already eating crappy food that happened to have gluten in it.

OMG what is it with these people who don't understand that weddings aren't fundraisers?

Best child-rearing perspective ever:
“All the things that are ‘best’ for baby are TINY fractions of a percentage point better than the ‘second-best’ things. Family decisions are not made well on ‘the best for her.’ Instead, they are made as a series of complex risk/benefit analyses that take into account the impact on everyone.”

(Archetypes of) writers to resent.

The Onion hits it out of the park with an "article" that will make you simultaneously laugh and cringe.


No comments: