Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday morning roundup

Dayton is over; Bosnia must move on.

New England is seeing a heroin problem.

Oh, Mr. Gilligan! I have to go to work, but you've put me in my reluctant role of educator. I'll have you know that tofu is not pressed into a "meat-like shape" and given artificial flavoring. I mean, it can be, but so can meat. Do we have to go over this again? What is a "meat-like shape"? Why does meat have a monopoly on patties and nuggets? why is pressing anything else into those shapes unnatural, I ask you? As for artificial flavoring, my tofu scramble, for example, is a gazillion times more natural than the vast majority of meat out there. What's unnatural? Turmeric or other spices? Vinegar? Don't have an answer for that? Then shut the f* up.

By the way, all of Wednesday night's Daily Show is quite good, but the extended interview with Reza Aslan is fascinating.

No comments: