Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday evening roundup

This story about victim-blaming will make you very angry, as will the comments suggesting that women journalists had best limit themselves to "safe" places.

The story of the dentist who fired his hygienist for being too attractive is also less than joy-affirming.

This photo of lasers pointing at a helicopter in Cairo is awesome.

Brand-name drugs are a waste of money but some brand-name foods are not. Have I told you that I'll only buy oats at Mom's Organic Market now? I've been spoiled to the point where other oats (which also happen to be more expensive) don't taste right to me.

I can understand the critiques of AA, but it struck me how--and this is unsaid in the article--alcohol here is similar to food: it's still fine in moderation, and the occasional overindulgence will do, as long as you have things under control.

Sea lampreys have smoking-hot sex.

How'd I miss national vegan pizza day? I made up for it by having an amazing vegan quesadilla for dinner.

The cutest thing ever today:

No comments: