Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday evening roundup

Grist went all out for April Fool's Day and caught some flack from some humorless environmetnalists over this gag, which I didn't even think was that good. This one, on the other hand, was awesome. Possibly as good as last year's.

This is a joke, right?

Funny, I was just saying to the bf, let's see if we can get seats together for the return flight, because we may be pretty f*ing sick of each other, but better the annoyance we know, and at least we know we're not 300 pounds. Cue PCRM's new ad.

Now that I have a Droid, I'm both impressed with the apps available and dismayed that there isn't an app for that. There's no app to tell me whether pink lady apples are back in stock? There's a WMATA mobile site but not an app--nothing to store my most commonly-frequented Metro stops so I can quickly pick one and see when the next train is? No Randall app to provide snarky narration as I go through a museum? There's a market for this stuff, people!

In unrelated news, Charles Shaw Chardonnay--I'd opened a bottle to cook with over the weekend--is better than I remember it being.

No comments: