Monday, April 9, 2012

Somewhat frivolous Monday evening roundup

You may want to focus on this first letter to Carolyn, but I'd like to direct your attention to the third, which makes me really sad. It makes me sad that people save up for diamonds, much less delay life events because they are saving up for diamonds. Look, I like bling as much as the next girl, and I understand the concept of symbolism and--historically, anyway--collateral. Get the ring you can afford and move on with your life.

The debate over Jessica Simpson's pregnancy weight also makes me sad. I mean, the fact that J-Simps is a celebrity makes me sad, but even sadder is the fact that a woman's weight--particularly pregnancy weight--is a topic of public discourse. It also makes me (continually) sad that people couch catty comments as concern for someone's health.

No comments: