Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mom is psychic

Mom is also concerned about microbes moving around in her head, which isn't funny, but that's another issue.

Mom asked about F. yesterday (the day before we officially broke up), for the first time ever; I just said 'he's okay.' Tonight (after the breakup), she asked "what else was new," so I told her. She was initially nice--offered to come stay with me (I told her I was fine, and I am). But she added that she had a feeling about it since Friday or so.

Mom asked why; I said we were too different, and though we'd tried to stretch our connection over those differences, eventually, it wasn't worth it. I invoked her story about why she left her first husband ("it took a forklift to get him off the couch!"); she laughed. It didn't take long before she moved on to telling me I was too smart for my own good, and that I could be 'softer,' more "kitten-like." To which my dad said (to her, facetiously), "just like you."

No comments: