Saturday, March 17, 2012

Why did I even feel guilty?

I was in the supermarket this morning, on the way back from my bike ride, when I saw a missed call and message from mom. I thought maybe she was ready to buy her tickets for this summer and had a question for me. She did, but not about tickets.

Mom: How do you crack those nutshells? I've been nearly breaking my teeth trying to get them open.
A.: What nutshells? What nuts?
Mom: You know, those nuts.
A.: You have a lot of varieties of nuts around the house.
Mom (to dad): V.! What are those nuts called? (To me) Pistachios.
A.: Mom! Why were you even trying to crack pistachio shells with your teeth? Use your fingers.
Mom: I can't! I bought these at [the Russian store]. They're small.
A.: Mom!
Mom: Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't be breaking my teeth. I'll try using my hands.
A.: Good.

***
I have almost 30k miles left after getting my ticket, so I offered them to the bf for his return flight. Did he get right on it? Was he at all excited about the prospect of saving $500 on the trip? I doubt, it because all he could muster was a four-word response to say he'd look into it. Do I want to stay with someone who becomes emotionally (and practically) unavailable for an entire month of the year?

No comments: