Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Response to comment and let's smack down some dating BS

Ernessa, thanks for the perspective, and also for the recent link love. I have to admit that I considered linking to your post about the t-shirt test (which I now can't find) a while ago, but figured I had a reputation to uphold (for respecting my 'single' roots, not for hygienic standards).

Hope the Book Festival is cool. I went one day last year and it was a good time. Hope you're finding good local wine.

***
This writer is spot-on. I'm 34, going on 35, and I always refused to consider myself a hard sell. I'm in danger of getting on my soapbox here, and one day I'm going to give this lecture in full--I already started it in the post that spurred the comment--but ladies, value yourselves and drown out the noise. All kinds of women of all ages, body types, and beauty types happily couple up all the time; the only kind of women who don't, are women who don't know who they are and try to be someone else.

1 comment:

Ernessa T. Carter said...

That's so funny that you should say that, because we ended up have a really fantastic champagne while we were there, assumed it was a California at the price, and were told it was local. We also had some great wine. Sadly, I was too busy enjoying it to note the name(s). :(