Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wednesday evening roundup

Are "southern manners" going the way of the dodo?

Remember how I've always reassured you about your sweet corn? That may be about to change.

I've mixed feelings about locavorism, but if anyone makes a compelling argument, it's Mark Bittman.

Fictional occupier responds to Rick Perry. Capehart takes Cain to task for being ignorant. Dave Brooks tries to blame the victim, but thank heavens we have Gail Collins to articulately set him straight.

Now, you guys know I don't care to sully these pages with any mentions of that ridiculous attention-whoring family, but humor is humor, so I have to do what I have to do. First, there was this compendium of valuable lessons. Then, this hilarious Rothkopf piece that offers some valuable perspective. Then, this example of poor journalism from the Post. Can you figure out what's going on from that post? I had to google to get to the bottom of it, and here's what I found.

No comments: