Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday evening roundup

This has me fuming. Since when do medical professionals demand a choice with regard to whom they'll treat?

What is it with Safeway and Spartan policies against children? At least the parent didn't lose custody this time around. I sort of have mixed feelings--I think the guard should have said something to the parent, asked him to pay for the apricots--but I don't think the parent is completely off the hook. I know you can't watch your child every second, and things happen, but it is your responsibility to keep your kid out of trouble in public. I've been on the business end of wayward children in supermarkets, and there's definitely some room for more parenting there. Again, I know things happen and you can't catch everything, and the guard definitely overreacted, but I'm just sayin': the world is not your kids' sandbox.

I don't think this is offensive; I think factory farming is offensive.

Have you ever read something and thought, "this was so written by a man who has no business writing women"? Exhibit A.

No comments: