Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday evening roundup

I agree that the police overreacted, but not with this clueless, entitled, sanctimonious blog post. Pulling the pregnancy card--particularly the "you can't understand if you've never been pregnant" card is just repugnant. I know I'm not a parent, but dare I suggest that you either make arrangements to feed yourself and your child before you go shopping--say, carry a paid-for granola bar or pack of nuts--or suck it up while the child whines? My mother never would have dreamed of opening something at a supermarket before paying for it just because I was hungry.

Dr. Oz, who identified as a republican the last time I checked, advocates for health care reform.

I apologize to those of you who were hoping I'd bring you back some whale meat from my next trip.

Cognitive understanding attenuates one's emotional response.

No comments: