Thursday, June 30, 2011

I don't even know why I'm blogging this

Mom: We have cake.
(Pause)
Mom: Do you want cake?
A.: No, thanks.
Mom: What's wrong with cake?
A.: I'd imagine it's made with dairy.
Mom: I think you shouldn't deprive myself.
A.: I'm not. I don't want to eat dairy.
Mom: We eat everything.
A.: [Shrug]
Mom: We don't eat read meat, really. We do eat pork and lamb. What are you gonna do?
(Pause)
Mom: I think one should eat everything. We've eaten that stuff all our lives and we're fine.
A.: It's the pigs, the sheep, and the ecosystems that are not fine.
Mom: I know, I know.
A.: I know you know.
Mom: Then why are you telling me I shouldn't eat meat?
A.: I am? You're the one who keeps bringing it up.
Mom: I do feel bad for pigs. Pigs are smart.
A.: Pigs are smart.
Mom: Why are they so good?
A.: That's how I feel about octopi. I'm making a point not to eat them, which isn't hard.
Mom: Octopi are very smart!
A.: See, we agree on something.

No comments: