Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday morning roundup

I imagine Lewis Carroll is turning over in his grave knowing that the Japanese nuclear industry used his characters to perpetuate a safety myth.

Don't let your elected representatives gut food system reform.

Did I already post this piece about food waste?

Last week's Post article focused on the uber-rich, but there's that other side of inequality.

Best quote out of New York:
Senator Mark J. Grisanti, a Republican from Buffalo, was the 33rd vote for the bill. “I apologize for those who feel offended,” Mr. Grisanti said, adding, “I cannot deny a person, a human being, a taxpayer, a worker, the people of my district and across this state, the State of New York, and those people who make this the great state that it is the same rights that I have with my wife.”
The Tea Party Patriots, however, apparently disagree that all taxpayers are created equal.

Real estate bidding wars are back, except they're more like skirmishes.

GOOD on vegan accessories, if you know what I mean.

No comments: