Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tuesday morning roundup

The silver lining to scarcity: Japan is turning to used electronics for its minerals, and the US military is seriously exploring alternative sources of energy. Meanwhile, Cuccinelli continues to waste VA taxpayer money out of climate change skepticism.

Monsanto is having a bad year.

While we're on the topic of weeds, medical marijuana advertising is reviving local journalism.

A bipartisan panel concludes that the nation's public infrastructure is in very bad shape.

USAID has bedbugs.

Don't attempt to fight cold symptoms by "strengthening" your immune system.

Petula Dvorak reiterates that, especially for kids and teens, it's not easy being gay.

David Brooks on the real Rahm Emanuel. Brooks may be the only one who can pull off the phrase, "warmhearted Machiavellian."

Sea creatures are so pretty.

1 comment:

Tmomma said...

we had a terrible Knowledge Mgmt class last week that I took with an instructor who constantly bragged about himself. He gave a long winded example of why he won't let his daughter swim at VA Beach (flesh eating disease as a result of humans messing with nature). He lost me there, but I wanted to ask him "so, do you eat processed food?" But alas, I decided to be professional instead. good to hear the monsanto news, I've decided to blame a portion of the rise of food allergies on them. makes me feel like it's not entirely my fault, glad I'm more food aware now.