Monday, October 4, 2010

Life lessons from 30 Rock

I was too busy to blog about this at the time, but a month or so ago, I got into a verbal sparring match with a cyclist who passed me without warning on an especially narrow part of the trail, just as I was about to go around a pedestrian. At one point, he declared that I kind of had a potty mouth.

I know you're shocked. You'd never have suspected that.

But today, it occurred to me that I have a gutter mind to go with my potty mouth. This epiphany came as I was thinking about two my favorite lines from Season 3 of 30 Rock:

(1) Liz has discovered and is at peace with the fact that Jenna had slept with Dennis Duffy (her then-boyfriend), until he tells her that it happened in her (Liz's) bed. Her response: "Eewww! I eat in there!"

(2) Kenneth is warning Jenna about getting too close to the baboon that Tracy left sitting in the studio. He tells her that he was once really close with a pig, but when she mistakenly thought he was going after one of her piglets, she bit off his nut sack... that he carried around his waist to feed squirrels with.

No comments: