Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday afternoon roundup

I'm disappointed in Michelle Cove. She moderated that workshop on Jewish women and comedy that Danielle and I went to, and showed a preview of her film, which looked moderately interesting. But this just strikes me as unnecessary. Why do single women lend themselves (ourselves) to categorization? Why do we have to be one of the above? That implies that there's something different about us. As this blogger brilliantly puts it, I would never assume that there's something wrong or different about someone who's unemployed. I wouldn't tell her to lower her standards (although, really, when it comes to employment, that's not a bad strategy). The double-standard othering is disconcerting. If you don't have something insightful to say, put a lid on it.
***

More on Sanchezgate, including excerpts.

No comments: