Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday morning roundup

In the print edition of the Post, the picture associated with this article on the attacks on Sufi shrines in Pakistan is large, front-and-center, and heart-wrenching. Also heart-wrenching: this piece on treating wounds of war.

Japanese food in America: awesome. Japanese anime and magna: To each her own. Japanese-style deflationary spiral: not good. Let's keep that one out.

I've long suspected that sending kids to private school makes them obnoxious.

Hopefully, this ruling will inspire parents to not only take responsibility for their kids' behavior but also teach their kids to be more responsible at an early age.

This (election-related) analysis is equal parts reassuring and disturbing.

I love it when Gail Collins does quizzes.

Especially because I'm going to this rally, I wish people would stop trying to hijack it and infuse any sort of divisiveness. I won't be rallying for atheism. I've not read these On Faith entries on the rally (here, here, and here), even though I probably will--but (as usual) I can't find the comments that the Post reprinted in the Metro section this morning, which seemed to imply that people were going to use this as an anti-sermon. Let it go, people: it's about living and letting live, not shoving the opposing perspective--even if it's opposing Glenn Beck. There are other fora for that. This forum is about sanity and civility.

For example, I'm going to agree to disagree with the people who find no damage from Gov. McDonnell's administration and his reactionary Attorney General.

No comments: