Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thursday evening roundup

I don't know about you, but if I wanted to present a compelling argument against dress codes at official government fora, what I wouldn't say is "Gaddafi, for instance, for sure would not have been allowed in the Cabinet."

Really? "Hicky" people? Greg Sargent totally misses the point--the issue is the hypocrisy of trying to fake association with "real America"... by hiring fake West Virginians and directing them to be folksy.

In honor of this study on the marriage gap and this confused "nice guy", I have to post this brilliant article. Sure it's a bit teen-magazine in tone (you can blame HuffPo for linking to it), but there's a lot of truth there--including the topic I was discussing a week or so ago, about how men apparently think that women make their sartorial and other aesthetic choices with their tastes in mind.

No comments: