Tuesday, February 24, 2009

So close

I almost went a whole month without a single mom-blog post. For what it's worth, the one that follows is pretty tame.

I called mom on my way home from the metro. She told me about how they finally found and installed the new entertainment center and how there's furniture and stuff everywhere.

A.: I hear you. I bought one of those wall-mounted pot racks, but my wall-stud structure isn't agreeing with it, so its component parts are currently all over the place.
Mom: What is it?
A.: A pot rack. But my studs are an irregular distance from one another, so I don't think I can mount it.
Dad: Studs are 16 inches apart.
A.: Yes, and the screw holes on the pot rack are 16 inches apart. The studs in my wall are not.
Dad: Can you at least find some?
A.: Yeah, but they're still not in the right place relative to one another.
Mom: Can you get someone to help you?
A.: It's not me. It's my wall.
Mom: Well, wait. When we visit we'll look at it.
A.: If I'm going to have to return it, I want to package it back up and return it.
Mom: What else is going on?
A.: Not much. Work is going well...
Mom: Knock on wood.
A.: Oksy, knock on wood. I'm leaving for my trip next week.
Mom: I saw a package for that trip for dirt cheap.
A.: Yes, you told me that the other day.
Mom: No, I just saw it recently.
A.: Right, you told me.
Mom: No, more recently than that.
A.: Okay.
Mom: It was really inexpensive.
A.: That's nice.
Mom: Maybe we'll visit in March after you get back. When do you have to return the pot rack?
A.: Well, don't plan your visit on account of the pot rack. March is good apart from the weekend of the 28th.
Mom: What about the 28th?
A.: I'm busy on the 28th.
Mom: Well, don't return it yet.
A.: [Shrug.]
Mom: Actually, I'll look for one in AJ Wright.
A.: I can assure you they don't have them there, and the problem isn't the rack; it's my wall.
Mom: I guess you can return it if you want to.
A.: I'll figure something out for the pot rack, mom.
Mom: Okay, have a good night.
A.: You, too. Bye, dad.

No comments: