Monday, February 23, 2009

Wah.

Wah wah wah wah wah.

Please indulge me while I turn this blog into a bitch session-- I mean, it's always that, but one not at my expense for just this once (okay, fine, more than once, but who's counting).

It would be one thing if my kitchen wall were not the stud farm I hoped it would be... but it does--even that segment of it--does have three studs. I got the studometer to detect the same ones more than once. More or less. They're just some irregular distance apart, whereas the makers of this shelf thing are beyond certain that studs are sixteen inches apart. Well, mine aren't.

The irony is, this thing came with the best set of directions of anything I've installed since I moved into this house. It even has a diagram to indicate what the different screws and nuts look like and where they go. The instructions are clear. They don't read as if LSD or other controlled substances played a role in their composition. They're dream directions. So why is my kitchen not cooperating with me??? Wah.

No comments: