Thursday, August 21, 2014

Yes, yes, I get it, I can consider myself motherless

Mom went on an epic rant over breakfast. It was all over the place, with a lot of name-calling and conspiracy-mongering (did you know that Obama is deliberately inviting illegal aliens and granting them citizenship so that they'll vote for him next time around, once he abolishes term limits so that he can be president for life). I didn't engage her. She came into the room where I was reading the paper.

Mom: Did you know that he equipped Hamas with the best weaponry? Now do you see who's right?
A.: Not you?
Mom: Ha! Not me? You think you know everything. Only coldness and haughtiness comes from you. When you first cut me out of your life, I was hurt. I'd once lived solely to give you a good life, but no longer. I don't care about you anymore. You can consider yourself motherless. Well, at least you have a father. When your dad says he wants to visit you, I say I don't. He says, "how could you not?" I say, "because something inside me has died; I have no feelings for her anymore. I feel only her rudeness and coldness. That's all she has, all that comes from her."

No comments: