Saturday, August 23, 2014

Saturday night

Mom: A. really gets on my nerves, but it makes me sad to think that she's leaving tomorrow.
Dad: Who doesn't get on your nerves?
Mom: Nobody else does, really. You don't.
Dad: Ha!
Mom: I get along perfectly with everyone else.
Dad: Just keep telling yourself that.

This followed an epic fight over my having vacuumed. When I did yoga this morning, I observed the filthiness of the floor in all its glorious detail, but didn't have time to do anything about it. But when I got back from my friend's house and looked for something near the floor, I saw all the dirt again and had to vacuum. So I did. Mom rolled with it until I rolled over a small piece of packing foam.

Mom: You're going to break the vacuum!
A.: No, I'm not. 
Mom: That's it! Turn on the TV!
A.: No, let me finish.

I vacuumed the living room and the stairs, and upstairs hallway. And collected an impressive amount of dust.

Mom: Turn on the TV!
A.: I'm busy!
Mom: You're not achieving anything!

Everything looked cleaner already.

Mom, watching me empty the filter: That's all from when I vacuumed the other day.
A.: Okay.

I didn't tell her that I'd emptied the filter before starting. All that dust was new dust.

No comments: