Thursday, August 21, 2014

WTF?? even by mom standards

This morning, Nina's dad called my parents. Nina's dad has been friends with my mom for sixty years.

Nina's dad: Nina's here... but she stepped out.
Mom: Yes, we know. A. wants to see her, for whatever reason. So, what do you think of the granddaughter? You can tell us now that Nina's out of the house, in case you wanted to share your unvarnished assessment.
Dad: Of his baby granddaughter??
Mom: I'm just saying.

Just now:

Mom: Why do you love Nina?
A.: What??
Mom: Why do you love Nina?
A.: I don't understand the question.
Mom: Why are you so attached to her? Why do you want to see her?
A.: [Speechless]
Mom: Seriously: why do you love Nina?
A.: Why does anyone love anyone?
Mom: I don't know. I'm trying to understand.
A.: [Shrug.]

No comments: