Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday evening roundup

Not that this is the point, but the woman is beautiful even post-acid attack, which is just another way her assailant failed.

Orphanages can be really $hitty places.

I'm going to have to partially disagree with Michelle Singletary: yes, don't borrow everything your lender tries to convince you to borrow (you'd be amazed at what some lenders tried to convince me to borrow), but, realistically, in this area your monthly payment is probably gonna end up being over half of your net income. Think about the trade-offs, such as hours of your life spent commuting. My monthly payment is well over half my net income (yes, I have a 15-year mortgage, but my monthly payment on that mortgage is similar to the monthly payment on the two mortgages I started out with when I bought my house nearly five years ago, so same thing. Only then, more of it was tax-deductible). Oh, and as I mentioned, some of the lenders I spoke with insisted on pointing out that I could get away with borrowing more.

Would it be rude to suggest that Kathleen Parker is smoking something, because holy $hit, it's an incoherent column whether or not you agree with anything she says, but there's also this stuff:
Here’s another: Whatever else we choose to do, creation is what we were meant to do.
Sometimes creation takes other forms than parenthood. Would we have a Sistine Chapel if Michelangelo had been distracted by a half-dozen hungry mouths? On the other hand, would we have had Michelangelo if abortion had been available to his mother?
What the f***??

No comments: