Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday morning roundup

An artist in New York works with the darkness.

Do our reward circuits mess with (the rest of) our heads? Also, is that interpretation of "King Lear" very much off?

***
I woke up to an e-mail from my dad. He asked me if I'd ever heard anything about Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged." I wasn't sure how to respond. Here were the options:

(1) Sarcasm: "I've spent the last few years under a rock, so, no, I've not heard anything about it."
(2) Pragmatism: "Please spend your precious time reading literature, not horrendously written, ideological drivel."
(3) Matter of fact: "My ex-bf had it on his bookshelf, along with "The Fountainhead" and maybe even another. Should have been one sign of many to run far, far away."
(4) All of the above: "Really??"

1 comment:

Serenity said...

How did you respond to the Ayn Rand question?