Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesday evening roundup and ramble

This is what happens when you let religious institutions restrict options for women's medical care.

Yoko should be credited for inspiration at the very least, not blamed for destruction.

The Post has some Sandy before-and-afters but you have to check out the crazy pictures on the Times' site, especially the submerged cabs in Hoboken.

I talked to my parents, all our New Yorkers are okay. One lost her car to flooding, but that's the least of her concerns.

***
A friend of mine took me to task the other day for not having hosted a cheese fondue party in a while. You have to understand, he and I have both spent lots of time in France (and in my case, in Switzerland) and we love our fondue. I told him I'd come up with a nut-cheese recipe and host a fondue dinner. I bought Russell James' Cheese book (and the others as well) but had to turn to Pinterest for a fondue recipe.

No comments: