Monday, October 29, 2012

Frankenstorm roundup

Lakes have tsunami potential.

India has potential to become less of a clusterf*.

I know duty is duty, but please give these guys the day off when the weather worsens.

Um, Mourdock expected high-fives?

We had a great laugh over this last month when it hit the print edition. Men. Yes, ladies: this guy is for real; get out your helicopter skis.

For the thirtieth time, isolated nutrients are not the answer.

Another list of food label definitions. Do be wary of the 'multigrain' trap; I didn't know about the dyes, but it doesn't surprise me. I rolled my eyes at 'free range isn't necessarily healthier'--I guess it's not enough that it would be less cruel (if it actually meant anything, but as the article pointed out, it's not enforced in any way). On the topic of whether organic's healthier... a friend noted, and I agreed, that sometimes you can taste pesticide residues on food and it tastes gross. I liken it to bug spray. I've experienced this almost every time I've had to buy conventional apples, and she and I both noted it with respect to grapes. 

Yup, this was me two months ago.

F*. I really wanted to go to work tomorrow. Not least because Gracie is driving me crazy, but also because I have $hit to do. Like, a lot of it.

No comments: