Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesday evening roundup

Response to comment: funny that you should mention the rich-poor technology gap. I don't have a problem with teaching technology; I have a problem with using technology to replace other skills (and I do think having a basic familiarity with arithmetic comes in handy)! Then again, I'd have no idea how to make my own app. What's the deal with expelling diplomats? Oh, yeah, Kentucky politicians: clean air and public health are all part of a vast conspiracy. Just say no to gestation crates (or skip a step and just say no to pork). A new documentary demonstrates that art cuts through politics. Increasingly, I find that I could take or leave most plays that critics love. *** I told my parents, over the weekend, that tomorrow was our team picnic. They asked whether there would be prostitutes. It was pretty funny, but I said, no there would not. In fact, we have to pay for it ourselves, and we (some of us) also have to bring food. Tonight's roundup is so late because I was just preparing some of that food.

No comments: