Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday evening roundup

I don't know who JWoww is, but I like her. I mean, how else do you respond to this? Unsurprisingly--since I buy few processed foods--the skin/teeth product companies (Tom's of Maine, Burt's Bees) here are more of an issue than the food companies. Both are now owned--as is The Body Shop--by companies that test on animals. If anything riles me about vegan advice, it's the focus on what celebrities are doing. *** This roundup is courtesy of NTB, which changed out my car battery back in October. And forgot to remove a protective cap, making it impossible for the battery to charge. This might have seriously inconvenienced me last weekend when the car wouldn't start, but friends kindly loaned me their car. This might have endangered me last night, when I drove around to charge the jumped battery only to have the car lose all power in downtown DC, but I was lucky. This did cost me money, and I wrote NTB to suggest that they reimburse me for the costs of having the mechanics look for what was wrong. We'll see what happened. Anyway, had I not had to come home to pick up my car, I would have gone straight from work to the ballet. But I did, so here I am... trying not to take a nap, knowing that it will be hard to leave the house again if I do.

No comments: