Saturday, November 27, 2010

Saturday evening roundup and rant

There's only one thing to round up, really, and it fits squarely in the category of WTF?? Is there a point of saturation for the whole spewing things that have no basis in fact?

***
I saw something today that upset me, a lot. Actually, I saw various things that upset me, among them, the memorial wall of fallen journalists at the Newseum. But something in the museum's section on Pulitzer-winning photography upset me on a whole different level: Kevin Carter's suicide. And the hate mail that he received in response to the winning photograph. Why didn't he pick up the child? What are you people, the morality police? Were you there? How do you know what you would have done if you had been there? So easy to slam someone from the comfort of your couch, isn't? Unless you've been in that situation and picked up the starving child--and even if you have--shut the f* up.

No comments: