Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday evening roundup

Did CBS underestimate rally attendance?

Marion Nestle on various aspects of the food system... and also on "kids' menus."

Those are some really cool pumpkins.

I recently picked up a cookbook a friend gave me a while ago. It has lots of vegan recipes, although many involve processed soy products. Anyway, I read about using oatmeal to thicken a soup and simulate the role of cream, which sounded like a great idea. I saw it again when I read about national oatmeal day. There are some cool recipes there.

Speaking of recipes, Tom Philpott shared his butternut squash soup recipe, and it looks great.

1 comment:

Tmomma said...

i made a sort of indian lentil soup this weekend, it turned out ok but too soupy and not spicy enough. i think if i had some naan with it or rice it would be great. it was exciting to use lentils and they're pretty easy to work with!