Monday, November 22, 2010

Namaste

Regular readers of this blog know that I am at peace with my demographic (single woman with cat); however, it bears pointing out that it is impossible, literally, to be at peace as a woman trying to meditate, with cat. Whenever I'll be sitting there, trying to get my Zen on, Gracie takes it as a cue to be especially needy.

I was talking to Jay earlier, and he asked Smokey how it was possible for him to always be in the way. I ask the same of Gracie.

I asked my dad if he knew how to translate into cat that yoga and meditation do not constitute an invitation to sit on me or rub oneself against me. He said that there were no such words in cat, and that, in fact, those things meant the opposite. To a cat, any horizontal surface is an invitation.

Unfortunately, I had to endure a lecture before dad and I had this conversation. I made the mistake of asking my parents what they thought of Glenn Beck's character assassination on George Soros (they thought it was spot on). They proceeded to explain that I didn't live through what they lived through, I don't get it, I need to read up on my European history, and so on. I told them I was sorry I asked.

No comments: