Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gracie inspires

You'll recall "Impressions of Gracie" from previous posts:

-She's shaped like a rugby ball!
-Is she carrying twins?
-There goes Jabba the Hut.
-She's the size of both my cats put together.
-Mon dieu, ce chat est gros!

Well, Richard--Marcela's Richard (see: Galapagos travel notes), not Japan Richard, just met Gracie.

Richard: That cat looks quite hefty--could he help us move this furniture?
A.: She's not really good for stuff like that.
Richard: Does she have a name?
A.: Gracie.
Marcela: She's beautiful!

Later

Richard: It's a very nice house. It must be great to have so much space.
A.: Why thank you. I didn't quite mean to get one this big... but the world was ostensibly going to hell when I was house-shopping, so I ended up with more space than I'd imagined.

Later still

Richard: It's clear now why you need so much space: you've got to house such a big cat. It's like what they say--you can't put a whale in a swimming pool.
A.: Quite right.
Marcela: She needs to go on that thing... the MC...
Richard: The Master Cleanse.
Marcela: Right.
A.: I try.
Marcela: I know.

No comments: