Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Old Navy thinks I'm pregnant

Have you seen that Times article about how online coupons Big Brother you? And do you remember that "King of Queens" episode (or at least the WSJ piece on it), "My Tivo Thinks I'm Gay"? And how we've all gotten slightly off ads in our Gmail?

Well, just before my trip, I stopped into Old Navy for some last-minute shopping. I like to travel with inexpensive, but well-fitting clothes. I'm much too much of a slob (and indeed, I splattered soba broth on more than one shirt--it's quite a challenge not to, even for a more adroit eater) to travel in expensive clothes. Anyway, as I only realized afterward, one of the shirts I picked up happened to be maternity. It's subtle, hard to tell. But I paid with my Banana card, so they know it was me. And now I'm getting Old Navy Maternity e-mails. (Was; I've unsubscribed).

No comments: