Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday afternoon ramble

I was just in Target, saw a row of candy bars. Before I thought to stop myself, I headed over to see if they had anything in 'green tea.'

***
I sometimes love and sometimes hate Mint. I loved it when they e-mailed me to let me know that there was a large payment to Suntrust--I couldn't log into my account from the Blackberry, and I didn't remember whether I'd scheduled my mortgage payment before I left. Of course I did, but for some reason, I started stressing about it, so I was relieved to learn that it actually went through.

When I checked my messages in Chicago, I had a recorded message from Suntrust, providing me with a number to call by April 9th to learn of a change to my account. The message had expired by the time I got to it, so I still don't know what that change was. I checked my account online and everything looked the same.

Then, today, I got an e-mail from Mint telling me that I exceeded my budget for rent and mortgage for this month. What now? Did I get fined by Suntrust for some reason? I checked Mint, which showed a transaction for "Washington National" under the mortgage and rent category. Except that it was actually for Washington National Opera--I'd bought myself a ticket to "Marriage of Figaro" for my birthday. (And told my parents that had they bothered to let me know they'd be visiting, I'd have waited for them and bought them tickets, as well). Anyway, Mint had scared the crap out of me. I'd already reclassified a previous "Washington National" transaction as "entertainment"--can't they get with the program?

No comments: