Thursday, July 19, 2007

Addendum to earlier post

So, I'd mentioned how I'm learning to spend money on things I need, etc., just like I'm learning to not eat food that I don't need to eat, that I don't want to eat, but it's an uphill battle because I grew up observing money being spent according to bargain-value rather than need and being expected to justify acts of non-eating.

Gina and I have shopped together a few times and once I took her to Crate & Barrel Outlet, where she found mugs for $1.50 each. Apparently I'd said, "is that a good price?" and she laughed and thought I was nuts. But that's how messed up I am. See our IM below:

me: oh I almost blogged about you again but got too lazy
Gina: Really? What'd I do this time?
[smile]
me: I blogged about the hiking book story and almost added how you think it's funny that I say, "oh, $3 for a mug, is that good?" or whatever it was
Gina: $1.50.
me: okay I'm so blogging that
Sent at 10:21 PM on Wednesday

No comments: