Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday evening roundup

Just when I was complaining to myself about the volume of paperwork I had to deal with at work today, the Times came through with an Afghan refugee tragedy to keep things real.

This argument about the limits of energy efficiency. How many people do you know who say, "I have an efficient hot water heater, so I'm going to fly somewhere for vacation"? Wouldn't those same people fly somewhere for vacation anyway?

Don't raise your kid to be entitled.

Planned Parenthood funding aside, the pink KFC buckets should have raised eyebrows. On the topic of Planned Parenthood: The Onion claims another victory.

This argument for no-government-benefits-in-stripclubs mostly makes sense, but what about the strippers and other employees?

I don't hate Gisele for being tall, skinny, or wealthy and especially not for being married to Tom Brady. He's always struck me as too pretty, and during the Super Bowl it hit me that he reminded me of Derek Zoolander in the middle of a look.

These Washington valentines are awesome.

In other news: Corner Bakery wrote back and vindicated itself; the tomato-basil soup is vegetarian (vegan without the croutons), which is great, because it's a really tasty soup. They even sent me a nice spreadsheet showing which of its offerings are vegan.

No comments: