Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday evening roundup and response to comment

About the spoon-feeding study: Sure there are confounding variables and other factors, but I see it. If the kid is self-feeding, he/she's not going to eat just because there's a spoon in his/her face.

The Times points out that the Post is having issues.

I've already commented on this silliness and I will continue to argue that online dating is not only no worse than meeting someone in a bar, but somewhat better.

This article is not bad, but I have to take issue with the way age 58 is considered "never," beyond the point of no return in terms of finding love.

Stephanie Coontz assures us that there is no longer a "success penalty" for educated women. And to the extent that it lingers among some men, she points out that you don't want to date those guys anyway.

Save your money, guys, and please don't follow these three steps. If I've just met you, I don't give a $hit about what you happen to be doing at whatever hour in the afternoon. Hell, I was just telling my GH that I don't give a $hit what he's doing at whatever hour (i.e., the contents of his status updates). See Sunday's Times for confirmation that nobody cares.

1 comment:

Tmomma said...

I will argue that most children will refuse food when they're not hungry or don't like it. So I can bring that spoon to my kids face all I want, but at least my kids won't eat it if they're full or not hungry. We work hard at not untraining what I like to refer to as the "full-meter," when the kids recognize they're full, we never make them eat past it. My oldest can pack in the food, but he will stop when he's full, makes it easy to tell when he's having growth spurts. He was spoon fed. Not as long as my youngest who was spoon fed way longer than I would have liked, but he's got other food issues. I would love to still be able to spoon feed him to move him towards a more normal diet, less liquid more solid.