Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday evening roundup and follow-up ramble

See the oceans of respect for the late Anthony Shadid.

You think our politics are f*ed up? Check out what this Dutch far-right party pulled. If that happens here, I'll definitely submit myself as an immigrant job-stealer.

Big dairy is afraid and pathetic.

Why and how the President might grow a pair.

You know the story but check out the tweet and the comments. You people do realize that a lot of users of birth control are married? In which case abstinence and "self-control" are even less relevant.

What is it with guys these days? Don't blame women for your hormones.

A college professor wishes her female students would broaden their horizons and write about something other than men. In related news, here's a dating advice book I would actually read. I agree that the 'blame feminism' nature of many dating books is abominable. In heart-warming dating news, a woman marries on her hundredth birthday.

This tomato thief was really confused.

***
I've updated my Tuesday ramble about gifts (and other actions) that were not only unsolicited but deliberately discouraged. Added to RM's sins the second and third gifts of chocolate, since I'd politely asked him to quit giving me chocolate (and he, of course, thought I was being coy).

No comments: