Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesday evening roundup

I know I *should* love Chipotle's ad that aired during the Grammys, but I have mixed feelings. I was almost with them, until the end, when the (animated) pig acts all happy. Yes, there are more humane and sustainable ways to produce meat, but a pig bound for slaughter is not exactly the winner here. Less-bad doesn't make good. Which is why I'm not rushing out with props for McDonald's.

The idea that vegetarians/vegans are generally malnourished is idiocy, but the media often perpectuate the myth.

There are plenty of reasons to hate Valentine's Day, but even I have to admit that the google-doodle was awesome. And I can be happy for this non-traditional couple.

People spend a ton on Valentine's Day. I'm in the minority... I spent more on my cat today (in veterinary services, not gifts).

Thank you, Caroline. How can anyone be unable to find anything to do in this city on her own?

A conservative republican state senator in Washington makes a beautiful, heartfelt speech. Try listening without tearing up.

No comments: