Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday morning roundup

The world has lost a remarkable, irreplaceable journalist.

I don't know that we need to close-read Dana Milbank's chimichanga comment, but let's agree that describing or alluding to ethnic groups by way of stereotypical foods is generally offensive.

That said, name puns are merely tacky rather than offensive.

How culture informs but does not define.

Paul Krugman points out that the red states are awash in the "keep your government hands of my medicare" fallacy.

I wonder whether Target knows who I am or is confused because I've switched credit cards a few times.

I know it's still the week of Valentine's Day, but the oversaturation of "single in America" articles is (by definition) disproportionate. Why aren't we over it?

I don't have an opinion about swimsuit models, but I agree that calling Kate Upton fat only makes you sound like a douche bag.

I remember the handbag-as-an-investment trend and it was f*ing ridiculous.

No comments: