Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday morning roundup Part I

Britain's immigration policy and immigration contractors have blood on their hands.

Jews in Britain have a delicate identity to balance.

Julie Salamon doesn't go here in her essay about secrecy--Wendy Wasserstein's secrecy in particular, extrapolated to secrecy in general, but I have to ask how much of it, both in the Wasserstein family and in Ms. Salamon's case, is Jewish/Eastern European heritage. The gem in that article I posted earlier this week about that horrible reality show was someone refusing to have his or her name printed, the explanation being the Soviet legacy. My parents, also, are very wary of public disclosure. My dad was obsessed with shredding before it was cool, and he's very careful about personal information. I have some of that as well--it's probably at least partly why I'm not on Facebook. I don't know that that's the case for the two families in the above-linked article, but it's something to think about.

Is the farmer's market market becoming saturated?

Let's get clean energy to Alexandria.

No comments: