Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dahlias and wild rice

Mom: Let's go over this again: You're getting gladioli...
A.: No! We went over this last night. I'm getting dahlias.
Mom: Oh, no! I planted the dahlias.
A.: Okay, then--
Mom: No, it's fine. I'll dig them up, I have too many anyway.
A.: We talked about this last night.
Mom: It's not a big deal. Do you also want these little white flowers--I can give you the whole plants.
A.: I don't think Jay wants to carry whole plants.
Mom: What difference does it make? He'll just stick them in the car.
A.: He's flying. I told you that.
Mom: Oh, he's flying! Then it's too much for him.
A.: I told him to tell you tomorrow how much is too much. But how much space to dahlia bulbs and a few bags of wild rice take up?
Mom: It'll be fine. When's he leaving?
A.: Saturday.
Mom: What's he doing?
A.: I have no idea.
Mom: When's he coming back?
A.: Monday.
Mom: Oh, my!
A.: What?
Mom: Such a short trip. I guess that's his business. When's he coming here?
A.: Tomorrow.
Mom: Why didn't he come today?
A.: He offered to and you said tomorrow was better.
Mom: When's he leaving again?
A.: Saturday.
Mom: Next Saturday? What about this Saturday?
A.: This is this Saturday.
Mom: Is it? Oh. If it's next Saturday, then tomorrow's fine. Such a short trip. Whatever works.
A.: So we're good with what's happening tomorrow?
Mom: Dahlias and wild rice.
A.: Awesome. Thanks.

No comments: