Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday afternoon roundup

We can still learn a lot about China from Pearl Buck.

On race and Tea. But here's what I ask you: what do you mean? If it's concern that we, as a nation, are not doing enough to fight poverty, isn't there a better way to articulate that than whatever the f* the Tea Party is doing? See also this book review, which touches on the Moynihan Report.

Are the millenials no more spoiled or entitled than any other generation?

Robin Givhan on the Blagojeviches' spending habits and what they say about them.

How yoga took off in America. And how immigrants influenced American cuisine.

1 comment:

Ernessa T. Carter said...

Hey, sadly I've been so very crunched for time, I haven't been able to comment much lately, or in this case read the millenials article.

But I will say that the other day, the exact same thought occurred to me. I mean we went to Smith and I know quite a few women who rode out the tech crash in their parents' home, much to the resentment of poors like me.

I think the difference is that now way more parents can afford to support their kids than in the 90s, so it might seem like a generational defect.

Either way, all I know is that my kids need to be out of my house by the age of 18. I don't care how the economy is going.