Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday morning roundup

China's oil spill is not pretty.

Engagement with Russia is not paramount to appeasement on human rights issues.

Kurtz on the Sherrod clusterf* from a media perspective. See this for the hypocrisy perspective.

It's apparently and almost unironically the year of the rich populist candidate.

I joke about wishing parents would drug their children, but really, I'd prefer that they parent them.

The Post's attempt at cutesiness with this story on salamander sex (or lack thereof) falls flat, perhaps because it just does, or perhaps because there's so much depressing $hit in the rest of the Metro Section that the reader is in no mood for cutesiness.

I have a computer. I have a blog. I am not on Facebook--and not just so I can say I'm not. So, yes, non-Facebookers are out there.

What's sloppy about this sentence: "In that case, speakers with mild accents were considered as truthful as native speakers but those with heavy accents were judged less truthful."

No comments: